|Professor Mike Pidd
- Postgraduate : MSc OR: Computer Simulation, MSc 3-Business & Innovation: Managing complexity
- Post-Experience : Lancord: Managing Complexity. Computer simulation
- Other Teaching Competence : Soft OR, Methodology of OR/Management Science, Operations Management.
- Discrete computer simulation methods, especially for large systems.
- Performance measurement in public services
- Improvement in public services, especially healthcare
- Soft OR and decision support.
- Complementarity in systems modelling.
- High performance computers and computer simulation.
- Use of soft OR methods in policy making.
- Modelling to improve performance measurement in public services
Current & recent research council funded projects:
- Advanced Institute of Management Research: ESRC funded fellowship used to examine performance measurement in public services. 2004/5
- Using high performance computers to simulate high speed manufacturing plant, funded by EPSRC, 2004-2006.
- SImulation modelling to assess the effects of NHS performance measurement on acute hospitals. EPSRC, 2005-2008.
See my personal web-site: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/smamp/default.html